Tuesday 11 October 2011

Here I go! Time to start Blogging!

Going to be honest, never done this before, I kind of spend much of my time complaining that we spend far too much time on the computer and other such devices so feel a little hypocritical????
Anyhow, here I am, 38 years old, single mum of two amazing boys, known for my work as a TV psychologist in shows such as The People Watchers, This Morning and as a life columnist for Zest Magazine.
In a couple of weeks I shall be adding a couple of new shows to this list, 'The joy of teenage sex' and 'Hot like us'.
When reading this, forgive my punctuation, I am a statemented dyslexic and whilst i try to understand where a comma or full stop goes, most of the time I fail!
I have been thinking a great deal about resilience of late, this is due to me having had a few knocks recently...Divorce....financial struggles.....realising that I am not 25 and that mini skirts even with thick black tights no longer look ok on a woman of my years.
So, I spent a couple of days mulling over the uncomfortable feelings that I found lurking in the pit of my stomach, ate a fair bit of food, contemplated that the world was all going to end, realised it wouldn’t and boom, got off my ass and started planning!
This blog is part of that plan, and therefore a demonstration of resilience, it’s a small thing I grant you, but it says 'I am making things happen', and that’s the key to resilience....the art, and understanding of agency, i.e. I happen to life, and life doesn't happen to me.
This blog symbolises the start of a new phase for me, and I have BIG plans...BIG, BIG plans! So, whilst this may be a few short paragraphs (whatever paragraphs are), I hope you will join me on my journey!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog after your excellent comments on BBC Breakfast today. I also commend you for starting a blog when you have evidently been dealing with your own challenges. You probably understand far more than most of us about why people who don't know you, can become abusive of blogs and social media and I hope this doesn't put you off. A few more blog updates would be nice, which reminds me, I must update mine!

    ReplyDelete